Malvern College Pre-School Hong Kong values the home-school partnership and recognises parents as a child’s first teacher. With a view to perpetuating the knowledge and skills acquired in the classroom, the school has developed a comprehensive “Parenting Programme”. It is designed around three key areas:
- Understanding and supporting the teaching methodologies used at school;
- Understanding a child’s developmental stages within the EYFS curriculum;
- Supporting the journey of parenthood.
Parents are welcome to visit classes or to join our teachers in their activities by prior arrangement with the school. We also encourage parents to volunteer to accompany pupils on class outings, come into school to read stories or to share their expertise.
Our Principal and teaching staff hold regular “Parent Insight” sessions to share knowledge and best practices on a range of educational and developmental topics.
Stage of Development
- Stages of writing in Early Years and how to support writing at home
- Encouraging children’s fine motor skills
- Developmental stages of reading and how to support this at home
- Helping develop your child’s gross motor skills and coordination
Educationally Harnessed Play
- An Introduction to the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Curriculum
- An Introduction to the Forest-Beach School Programme
- Play-Based Learning
- Storytelling techniques to use at home
Positive Parenting Support
- Positive Parenting and Effective Behaviour Management Strategies
- Managing Social and Family Relationships
- Educational strategies and play ideas for Helpers at Home
- Nutrition, diet and sleep