Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
Our educationally harnessed play programme builds on the United Kingdom’s Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum, which sets expectations for each age and stage of a child’s developmental progress. At Malvern College Pre-School Hong Kong, we cover seven interconnected EYFS areas of ‘Learning and Development’ all of which are designed to nurture a child’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, whilst allowing them to form relationships in order to thrive socially and emotionally.
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development: building relationships, self-confidence and self-awareness, developing social skills and respect for others, and managing feelings and behaviour
- Communication and Language: listening and speaking, understanding others, and responding to questions properly
- Physical Development: improving coordination skills, control, manipulation and movement, developing an understanding of the importance of physical activities, and making healthy choices in relation to food
- Literacy: phonics, reading and writing in both English and Mandarin (simplified characters)
- Mathematics: numbers, shapes, space and measurements
- Understanding the World: people and communities, the world, science and technology
- Expressive Arts and Design: furthering children’s creativity through art, music, movement, dance and imagination
All seven areas of learning and development of the EYFS are represented at our beautifully designed campuses.